As I was telling you this summer, my garden was full of eggplants. I made all kinds of preserves, but the best was "Canned eggplant in tomato juice". Today I used two jars (the last ones) for a quick stew full of summer flavor.
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 jars of 800 g of eggplant in tomato juice (or 2 medium eggplants and 500 ml of tomato juice)
- 2 large onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt, pepper to taste
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Chicken stew with eggplant:
Chop the onion not very finely and cut the garlic into slices
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry a little on each side, the chicken pieces
Add onion and garlic. Mix well for 2-3 minutes, until the onion turns yellow
(If you use fresh eggplant, add them as well.) Add marjoram, a pinch of salt and pepper. Put a lid on and leave for 5 minutes.
Add the canned eggplant with tomato juice.
Leave for another 5 minutes on low heat, until the sauce is formed.
Serve with polenta.
Fasting or meat bite & # 8211 what is actually bite
Fasting nutmeg is an alternative that we resort to when we cannot eat products of animal origin. In fact, the fly is composed of layers of minced meat, alternating with pieces of potatoes. The word 'musaca' comes from Arabic and means 'served cold'. But the version of musaca used in traditional Romanian boxing was borrowed from the Greeks. In Turkey, moussaka is not made in layers, but is a mixture of vegetables and minced meat.
Chicken dish recipe with eggplant and zucchini
two chicken legs
a medium, yellow pepper
100 grams of broth
50 ml of water
two tablespoons of oil
two cloves of garlic
a teaspoon of grated salt,
a pinch of pepper,
a knife tip of ground ginger (optional)
a quarter teaspoon of chilli flakes (or to taste)
three strands of green parsley
- Preparation for the recipe for chicken dish with eggplant and pumpkin
- Peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces.
- We clean the eggplant and the zucchini and cut them into cubes.
- Do the same with the pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Let it brown for a minute or two, then add the chicken legs cut in half, as we would show in the video.
- Let the chicken brown on one side, then turn it on the other side and also, let it brown.
- After it has browned on both sides, remove the chicken from the pan.
- Over the fat left over from frying the chicken, add another tablespoon of oil and then put the eggplant cut into pieces. Let it brown for a minute or two, turning it on all sides.
- Add the pepper and zucchini, let it brown for a minute or two, then add the broth and water, add salt, pepper, ginger, chilli flakes (to taste) and cook over medium heat.
- When the vegetables have softened, add the meat and let it cook for a while until the juice decreases and a sauce is formed.
- At the end, add the finely chopped parsley, cover with a lid for two minutes and then serve with delicious appetizer chicken dish with eggplant and zucchini.
Have a good appetite!
Other recipes with chicken legs:
Baked chicken legs with vegetables (click here for recipe)
Chicken dish with Brussels sprouts (click here for recipe)
Spicy chicken dish with tomatoes and sweet potato (click here for recipe)
For polenta: water, salt and corn flour.
Heat the oil in a pan, then add the livers.
We put a lid on and let them simmer.
After that, we turn them carefully on the other side.
Let them boil for another 5 minutes under the lid in their own juice.
Let the juice drop and add the parsley.
Separately, boil the salted water when it starts to boil, add the corn flour in the rain and mix continuously.
Try this video recipe too
Chicken stew with vegetables
Yesterday we told you about the campaign initiated by Agricola Bacau, which challenges us to make a culinary statement. Well, yesterday I said: I'm not afraid to cook for the whole family because I know that from a little, I can do a lot, with a touch of imagination and skill. And from yesterday until today I did not change my statement, but on the contrary, I still support it today, with a new recipe based on chicken. In case you missed yesterday's post, I remind you that I bought a 2.5 kg family chick & # 8230
I boiled it, removed the skin and cut the meat into pieces. I was left with a lot of ready-cooked chicken, to make 3 wonderful recipes: yesterday's chicken pie, today's stew and the pancakes with spinach and chicken, which you will see tomorrow.
More details about this campaign but also about Agricola Bacau products can be found here: www.creatordepofta.ro or on facebook and now let me tell you about today's stew: the magic ingredient, of all the vegetables used, is eggplant, which although it seems to be lost among the sauce and chicken, it gives a special taste and even if few will be the ones who can identify it at first, many will be the ones who will notice the special aroma of the stew.
& # 8211 4 cups cooked chicken
& # 8211 a big eggplant
& # 8211 a red bell pepper
& # 8211 500g fresh mushrooms
& # 8211 a big white onion
& # 8211 4-5 cloves of garlic
& # 8211 green parsley to taste (I put all the connection, I admit)
& # 8211 salt, pepper, homemade vegeta (all to taste)
& # 8211 little oil for sauteing vegetables or butter
Ingredients for the sauce:
& # 8211 250 ml sweet cream
& # 8211 500 ml chicken soup (in which the chicken was boiled)
& # 8211 2 tablespoons starch or flour
First and foremost, heat a little oil or melt a little butter in a pan and sauté the finely chopped onion until it becomes translucent. Put the bell pepper, eggplant, eggplant, mushrooms, all cut into cubes and we sautéed them together. No extra water or oil is needed, because vegetables, especially mushrooms, will leave water. Season with salt, pepper and homemade vegetables, all to taste. Leave the pan on the fire, stirring from time to time, until all the vegetables are soft and add the finely chopped garlic. Next is the chicken, which we mix well and sauté together with the vegetables, to taste.
As long as the meat befriends the vegetables, we make the sauce or "thickener" for the stew: mix very well with the whisk, until they are no longer lumpy, sweet cream, chicken soup and starch or flour. Pour the sauce over the stew, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken.
We match the taste of salt and pepper and at the last boil we add the finely chopped green parsley.
I am very aware that in the pictures it looks like a common stew with white sauce, but it is very good! And if you put some vegetables (carrots, parsley root, celery, parsnips, gulie) in the chicken soup (respectively in the water in which you boil the chicken), you will have a regular chicken soup, in which you only have to put a lot of green parsley and homemade noodles and another dish is ready, meaning that I even made 4 recipes out of one chicken! (excuse us that in the picture the noodles are not perfect, but they are homemade noodles and not every time the cut comes out "in a row") And moreover, chicken soup is good for the soul and for the stomach, Luca's words: good luck! ” and it is the natural remedy for colds.
I told you about the chicken soup, let me show you now the final pictures from the chicken stew with vegetables and next time I will know how to put at least 2 extra eggplants! Good luck and see you tomorrow with the super recipe for pancakes with spinach and chicken!
Lasagna with eggplant and chicken
1. Lasagna sheets must be prepared first, because they must be boiled in salted water, being very careful not to break, according to the instructions on the package. It is very important to consider this aspect in any type of lasagna. Through the cooking process, the sheets soften and when served combined with vegetables, cheese or meat are very soft and combine very well with the filling. It is also advisable to keep the water in which they boiled, because they are sprinkled from time to time while in the oven, not to dry and not to become crispy.
2. Peel the eggplant, cut into rounds and fry for 5 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other side and allow to drain.
3. Fry the onion in a little oil and add the minced meat, salt, pepper and then cool. When the meat composition has cooled, add the egg and finely chopped parsley and mix well until smooth. Prepare the tray with butter and a little breadcrumbs and place a row of eggplant, a row of sheets, over which sprinkle cheese, a row of meat and so on until it is covered with the last layer of eggplant. Place the sliced tomatoes and grated cheese on top of the eggplant.
4. Put it in the oven at a temperature of 160 °, and after it has browned, serve it warm, garnished with green parsley.
Chicken breast with eggplant and tomatoes in the oven
Wash the eggplant well, cut into slices, season with salt and set aside for 20 minutes.
Cut the chicken breast into small slices, beat with a hammer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grate the cheese.
Drain the eggplants, fry in oil on both sides and place on a paper towel (to absorb the excess oil).
Grease a heat-resistant dish with oil, arrange the eggplant, chicken breast in layers, again a layer of eggplant and a layer of tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Beat the egg with 2 tablespoons of sour cream or mayonnaise (maybe 1: 1).
The mixture obtained is poured over vegetables and meat, sprinkled with cheese and baked in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Eggplant food with chicken
Peel the eggplant and cut the slices a little thicker. Add very little salt. Fry in hot oil and remove on absorbent napkins.
How to use photo printing to decorate your home
Fry the chicken as well.
In a little oil, fry the finely chopped onion, add broth to taste, flour and quench with chicken broth or water.
The solutions to use when your car is no longer the same.
When the sauce has boiled, put the meat and eggplant in the pot and simmer for about 1/2 hour. The soup should cover the meat and vegetables. At the end, salt and season to taste.
Chicken bell pepper with cream and dumplings & # 8211 Transylvanian family recipe
Chicken bell pepper with cream and dumplings & # 8211 Transylvanian family recipe. How to make paprika from boneless chicken legs? How to make nokedli or flour dumplings? Transylvanian chicken stew recipe with onion and red sauce with paprika (paprika). Traditional recipes. Chicken recipes. Recipes with boneless thighs. Sauce recipes.
I would never refuse a portion of chicken paprika with cream and dumplings! It is a delicious food that I grew up with both in my parents 'house in Cluj and in my grandparents' houses in Sibiu and Arad. Yes, paprika is a traditional Hungarian dish that has been taken over (for hundreds of years) by Austrians, Czechs, Slovaks but also by Transylvanians and Banatians. Some say it's a chicken stew with onions and sauce. It 's not wrong, but it' s very different from the stews that are made in other parts of the country.
God, what a good paprika my great-grandmother Buia from Sibiu made! And my mother also learned to do it. The small dumplings are called Nockerli (from German) or nokedli (Hungarian version).
Chicken entrails stew
Just a portion. For the good ones :). It's with lard, it's with onions but it's damn good :)). This stew was made by my grandfather when I was on vacation in the country. Just for me .
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 liver
- 1 heart (I did not put, the chicken I received from my mother did not have :)))
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 onion
- salt, pepper, paprika
Melt the lard in a saucepan, add the chopped onion a little bigger and mix. Let the onion cook and add the entrails apart from the chopped liver. Season with paprika, salt, pepper, let it fry a little and then fill with water.
Let it boil (if necessary add more water, I added because they boiled very hard being from chicken). When the meat is cooked, add the liver (it is done immediately).
Serve with plenty of chopped green parsley and polenta. And with pickles for summer :).
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.